Varsity Summer Camps Terms & Conditions
Varsity Summer Camps are operated by Varsity Language Schools Ltd, a company registered in England (Company No. 08047260) (“we”, “us”, or “Varsity”) and whose principal place of business is Unit E, Home Farm, The Avenue, Esholt, Shipley BD17 7RH.
“Arrival Date” means the date of arrival as described in the Confirmation.
“Business Day” means a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England, when banks in London are open for business.
“Camp” means the Summer Camp full details of which will be set out in the Confirmation.
“Camp Rules” means the rules set out in clause 8.
“Camp Start Date” means the first day of the Camp as described in the Confirmation.
“Camp Finishing Date” means the last day of the Camp as described in the Confirmation.
“Deposit” means the sum of £50.
“Payment Due Date” means 30 days prior to camp arrival date.
“Varsity Approval Agent” means an agent who has the legal authority to bind Varsity to the terms of this Contract.
“Camper” means the person who will be attending the camp.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 3.1.
“You/Parent” means the person making the booking on behalf of the Camper (who is the parent or legal guardian of the Camper) and with whom the legal contract is formed, whether directly with Varsity or through a Varsity Approved Agent.
- It is advised that you make your booking application as early as possible as places for your preferred camp are strictly limited.
- All booking applications must be made by the Parent of the Camper being booked onto the Camp.
- All refunds for a cancellation made by us or you are subject to the Cancellation terms outlined in clause 4
- Your application for a booking on a camp is an offer to enter into a binding contract with us to purchase a place on the camp. Your offer is only accepted when we send you written confirmation that your application is accepted or that we are able to offer you a place on the Camp (the “Confirmation”).
- We reserve the right to accept an application if the Camper’s birthday falls within 12 months of the advertised age range, if it is felt by the Directors and the Parents, that the school or college in question would be the most suitable for them. We may also accept or decline your application at our absolute discretion.
- From the date on the Confirmation, a contract will come into existence between us and you (the “Contract”). The Contract will continue until the Summer camp Finishing Date, unless it is cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms. Where the booking is made via a Varsity Approved Agent, the Contract is formed with Varsity and not the Varsity Approved Agent.
- The Contract will be subject to these Terms and the booking form. These Terms and the booking form set out the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the Camp.
- Please check that the details in these Terms and the booking form are complete and accurate. If you think that there is a mistake in the Terms or the booking form or that they do not contain relevant information that you are relying on, please notify us and ask us to confirm any agreed changes in writing before you submit your application.
- Sometimes, due to circumstances outside of our control, we may have to change the location of the Camp. Should this happen, we will notify you at the earliest opportunity of the change in location.
- We accept no liability for any losses suffered due to a change of location in accordance with these Terms.
- We will do our best to meet accommodation requests where they have been expressed. Unless explicitly specified as a condition for booking in writing, it will ultimately be at the discretion of Varsity whether to accept these requests. Where accommodation arrangements are made, we do this is in the interests of mixing campers from various nationalities, which means that the common-spoken language is English.
2. BOOKINGS AND LATE APPLICATION
- If you submit your application within 10 working days of the Camp Start Date and you do not receive confirmation or a response from us with joining instructions within 2 working days, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. DEPOSIT, CAMP FEES AND PAYMENT
- The fees payable for each Camp (the “Fees”) are published on our website: varsityinternational.co.uk and may vary from time to time. Once we have accepted your booking and sent you a Confirmation, no variation of these Terms shall be effective unless it is in writing and agreed by you and us.
- When paying the Deposit and Fees please quote your unique statement number (“Unique Statement Number”), which shall be issued to you on the Confirmation.
- Fees and Deposit are payable in British pounds (GBP).
- You must pay the Deposit at the point of booking on the website via the credit card system, and you will not be able to complete the booking without submitting the deposit payment.
- The balance of Fees must be received by us no later than 30 days prior to the campers arrival date. Any booking made less then 30 days prior to the arrival date must be paid in full within 48 hours of making the booking.
- If for any reason we cancel or reject your booking, we will refund to you any Fees you have paid within 14 days of cancellation or rejecting your booking.
- If you do not pay the Fees in accordance with these Terms, you will not be entitled to start the Camp and we may cancel your booking.
- Fees can be paid by the following methods:
- by using your credit or debit card; or by bank transfer.
- Our bank details for the purpose of paying the Fees are available on the statement issued to you along with the Confirmation.
- Varsity Summer Camps includes: SBC Bredon.
- Subject to the provisions of this clause 4, you have a right to cancel your booking within 14 days from the date of the Confirmation (the “Cancellation Period”) without giving any reason.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and take effect from the date we receive such notice. Where a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, there will be a refund of all Camp Fees paid, minus the Deposit.
- Due to the requirement to arrange staffing, transport, accommodation and other aspects of the Camp in advance of the Arrival Date, where a cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the Arrival Date, there will be no refund.
- Should you cancel within the Cancellation Period after the Arrival Date we are under no obligation to offer a refund.
- Notwithstanding the above, we may cancel a Camp no later than 10 Business Days before the Camp Start Date if there is low demand for the Camp in which case you will receive a refund of any Fees that you have paid.
- We may cancel your booking if an event outside our control prevents us providing your selected Camp, in which case we will refund any fees paid in accordance with clause 3.6 above.
5. PAYMENT OF REFUNDS
- Any refunds due to cancellation will only be given if it is permitted under clause 4 (Cancellation) and subject clause 7 (Camper Obligations). No refund shall be given after the Camp Finishing Date.
- We take complaints seriously and endeavour to reply to any formal complaint made in accordance with clause 13 below (“Complaint”). It is at our complete discretion to offer refunds should we feel that one is merited following a Complaint.
- If you become entitled under these Terms to receive a refund, we will endeavour to pay refunds by the same means as you paid the Fees.
6. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- All accommodation, campuses, cleaning and meals are provided by third party providers which are hired in advance of the Camp Start Date. We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the facilities are suitable for the Camp and Campers however the provision of the above are ultimately out of our control and we can give no guarantee as to the proper performance of the third parties.
- If you send us any feedback on the facilities or meals provided, we will endeavour to pass it on to the respective provider.
7. CAMPER OBLIGATIONS
- The Camper attending the Camp agrees to:
- attend all classes and Camp sessions regularly and on time;
- refrain from using any audio or visual recording equipment during classes or practical sessions; and
- comply with our health and safety rules and our Camp Rules (as set out below).
- You agree and accept that you have informed the Camper of their obligations under the Contract. You agree that you are responsible for the Camper fulfilling their obligations and following the Camp Rules.
8. CAMP RULES
- We expect and hope that all campers registered with Varsity will have a summer to remember and make every effort to show respect at all times to fellow campers and members of Varsity staff.
- The Camp Rules outlined below are designed to ensure that all the campers and staff of Varsity are able to enjoy the summer free from any unpleasant, intimidating or aggressive behaviour and in safety.
- The breach of any Camp rule stated below by the Camper may result in their dismissal from the Camp. Furthermore, if the Camper breaks the law or displays aggressive, intimidating or racist behaviour they will face instant dismissal from the Camp. Should the Camper face instant dismissal, the Camper will be withdrawn from the Camp with immediate effect and will need to return home at your expense at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Campers are expected to attend all meals, classes and arranged activities and excursions provided.
- All damage to property, equipment and rooms will be charged to the Camper.
- Gratuitous or wilful damage to school or college property, public property or other campers’ property may result in dismissal from the Camp.
- Theft or suspected theft of school or college equipment or another camper’s possessions may result in dismissal from the Camp.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol by the Camper (irrespective of age) is not permitted and will result in dismissal from the Camp.
- Drug-taking or possession of drugs including psychoactive substances (in the UK formally known as legal highs) by the Camper will result in instant dismissal from the Camp.
- A person must be 18 years old to purchase or to smoke tobacco products in the UK. Consumption or possession of tobacco by a camper may result in dismissal from the camp.
- Racist or intimidating behaviour towards another camper or member of staff will result in dismissal from the Camp.
- In the school or college accommodation, girls and boys may only mix in the designated recreation areas.
- If the Camper leaves their house after lights out, they may be dismissed from the Camp.
- Personal mobile phones must be turned off during all lessons and scheduled activities.
- Varsity reserve the right to search a camper’s room if it is suspected they are breaking any of the Camp Rules.
9. PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
- We would like to use photographs, video clips and other media of campers during the Camp for the purpose of Varsity’s promotional material, including but not limited to;
- future marketing;
- our website and social media
- We would also like to use any feedback received from Parents or Campers alike and end of Camp surveys for the same purpose.
10. TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- Should a transfer coach service be provided by Varsity to run from London to the Camp:
- The deadline for booking a Varsity Coach transfer is the 19th June 2020. Unfortunately, a transfer may not be guaranteed after this date.
- If you cancel the Transfer Coach Service within 30 days of the arrival/departure date, then you will not receive a refund for this service
11. LIABILITY & CHANGES
- Varsity has public liability Insurance. Varsity’s liability to you and the Camper will not exceed the value of the Fees actually paid by you to Varsity except where such limitation would be considered unfair or unreasonable in law.
- Nothing in these Terms shall operate to exclude any liability of Varsity for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the company or those employed by the company or anything else which Varsity cannot by law exclude liability for.
- The details of the programme have been published in good faith. We reserve the right to make any changes or alterations to any aspect of the Camp, in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors beyond our control.
12. YOUR PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If you have any complaints about the Camp, please raise this with us by contacting the Varsity International Directors by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the dispute cannot be resolved using the Varsity internal complaint handling procedure, Varsity will:
- let you know that Varsity cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- If the Company is unable to resolve your complaint please refer it to our regulator – the British Accreditation Council (BAC). BAC has a formal camper complaints procedure for all our accredited providers. For more information see https://www.the-bac.org/bac-complaintsprocedure/.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under any booking to another organisation, and we will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- This Contract is between you and Varsity. Except as expressly set out under these Terms no other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you or a Camper, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you or a Camper and will not mean that you or the Camper does not have to comply with those obligations.
- Varsity shall not be in breach of the Contract nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under the Contract if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control for example, natural disaster, outbreak of war or terrorist attacks.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Both parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to determine any dispute in relation to these terms and conditions.